Per the World Health Organization, COVID-19 spreads from person-to-person through air-based droplets from the nose or mouth of a COVID-19 positive person. It has not been found in municipal water. According to the Water Quality Association (WQA), the COVID-19 virus is susceptible in the environment and is neutralized by the water treatment at your local municipal processing facility including UV sanitization, Ozone filtration, Chlorine, and/or Chloramine disinfectants.
Quench’s state-of-the-art filtration systems are designed to improve the taste and quality of municipal water, removing chlorine taste and smell and other contaminants that your municipal water may pick up as it travels through municipal infrastructure to your workplace. As such you do not need to replace your Quench filter to ensure your drinking water is clean. However, you should follow the precautionary steps to clean and sanitize your Quench machine.
Water Coolers and Sparkling Water Dispensers
- Gather the following items:
- A large glass, bucket, or container
- Nonabrasive, disinfecting wipes or spray
- Paper towels or cleaning rags
- Flush your Quench machine(s) per the recommendations outlined below by dispensing water into your glass or bucket.
- Water Coolers
- Cold water: 2 gallons or for about 5 minutes (Unless if you have a Quench 810, then please flush 5 gallons or for about 10 minutes.)
- Hot water: 1 gallon or for about 2 minutes
- Ambient water: 1 gallon for about 2 minutes
- Sparkling Water Dispensers
- Cold water: 5 gallons or for about 10 minutes
- Hot water: 2 gallons or for about 5 minutes
- Sparkling water: 1 gallon or for about 2 minutes
- Wipe the entire surface of your Quench machine, paying special attention to the dispensing area, paddles, and touchscreen, with a nonabrasive disinfecting household sanitizing spray or wipe.
Tips on Keeping Your Quench Machine Sanitized
- Keep non-abrasive cleaning wipes or spray close to your Quench machine to sanitize the machine after each use.
- Tape a 6-foot radius around the machine to ensure proper social distancing.
- If your Quench machine is not installed near a sink, offer hand sanitizer so users can quickly disinfect their hands before and after dispensing their drinking water.
Our Customer Care team is standing by to help you troubleshoot these sanitization protocols. Call 888-545-7873 to speak with a Customer Care representative.