The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weird water news stories. Come back each week for updated stories!
- Could we harvest water? Researchers at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory found that the nanorods they were producing actually expels water at higher humidity levels, instead of absorbing like most materials.
- Snow in Hawaii? Unstable and cold atmospheric conditions brought snow to Mauna Kea, a dormant volcano the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Ban the Bottle Champion! High school senior, Hannah Rousey has turned down a $1,000 college scholarship from the water bottle company, Poland Spring.
- Is he the new “Birdman of Alcatraz”? James Savage, a 9 year-old Central California boy, has been named the youngest swimmer to swim from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island and back!
- Maybe he was looking for a picnic basket? A bear was found swimming in a backyard swimming pool in La Canada Flintridge, CA!