The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- In 1492 Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue… But in 2017 treasure hunters believe they found his ship’s anchor!
- Just popping on by for a quick visit! A visitor to Newfoundland’s Northern Peninsula took photos of a rare visitor – a walrus!
- Move over watching paint dry – time for Alaska’s favorite spring guessing contest! In Nenana, Alaska, thousands of people pay $2.50 to guess when the ice on the Tanana River moves out to sea in a tradition that started in 1916.
- The water looked so nice – can you blame him? A California man captured a bear swimming a couple laps in his backyard pool!
- A shipwreck in a lake? Three scuba divers have discovered a rare 62-foot-long wooden Durham boat in Oneida Lake, NY – the first archaeological find of its kind!