The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- Congrats to the Chicago Cubs! After ending a 108-year wait for a World Series Title, Chicago will celebrate the Cubs win by dying the Chicago River blue!
- Electricity and Water!? Zero Mass Water has invented a solar panel system called Source that turns water vapor into drinkable water while turning sunlight into usable energy.
- Drinking from sand? The Australian thorny devil lizard is able to drink water from the sand of the Australian desert by absorbing it through its skin.
- Maybe Loch Ness monster is on vacation? Bureau of Land Management employee Craig McCaa filmed a 15 ft long strange creature in the Chena River in Alaska.
- That’s one way to get down a flooded street – An adrenaline junkie in Phetchaburi, Thailand used his jetski to travel down a recently flooded street after heavy monsoon rains turned the highway into a river.