The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weird water news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- There is nothing quite like your favorite pair of jeans, but what if your next pair was made out of recycled plastic bottles? Dirtball Fashion makes men’s apparel out of recycled plastic bottles.
- Dassault Systemes has a possible solution for the millions of people affected by the worldwide water crisis. They have developed a plan to tow an iceberg.
- You could make a water filtration salsa! Tomatoes can filter water and according to undergraduate researchers, cilantro can purify water from heavy-metal pollution!
- Don’t have time to take a vacation? Check out Google’s Street View of the Galapagos Islands!
- Holy water from springs and fonts may be blessed, but it certainly isn’t pure. Researchers from the Medical University of Vienna have found that holy water contains fecal matter and up to 62 million types of bacteria.